♥ Meow at husband, receive bacon. Not a bad life.
♥ It's 39 degrees but it feels a whole lot colder. I'm not ecstatic about the idea of standing in line at the food pantry, all of us poor folks huddled together like chickens. My friend who just had knee replacement surgery is going to be in agony. If we didn't need the food there wouldn't be any way in hell.
- Yup, it was cold out there. Innoq held our place in line because he doesn't mind the cold. My friend and I stayed in the car until the door opened and we moved inside.
- Excellent haul. We were able to get the wherewithal for chicken tacos tonight.
♥ I don't believe in writers block as a Thing in and of itself. It's usually a symptom or a result of another problem or set of problems. I'm trying to figure out what my problem is. It's been a month and I haven't even wanted
to write. That's not normal.
- I've decided to fictionalize my exploits in Fallen London, to shake the cobwebs out of my brain. I did something like this once and it was fun.
- I'll be posting this on my writing Tumblr on a fairly regular basis. Ideally every day.
♥ I haven't totally abandoned writing, despite this. I've been doing a lot of thinking. I got overwhelmed about "platform" before I calmed down and decided to treat it like everything else in this half-life that I live. I broke it down. What do I want out of this? What's the most spoon-effective way to get it? What isn't going to be so unpleasant that I'd rather roll around in lobster bait? The solution is to better utilize the tools I already use and enjoy. That's Tumblr
, and eventually a Goodreads author account.
- I created a dedicated email just for my writing, to keep it separate from my personal stuff and protect my legal name.
- I created a simple Weebly site as an "About Me" page and for contact info. Later on I'll add information about the projects I'm working on.
♥ I'd always planned on taking a pen name for my writing. This is largely because a) I know what I
can do if I've got somebody's actual name and b) I've seen Misery
. I'm protective of my name and a lot of details of my lives. (Despite the spew here on DW. Trust me, this is the tip of the iceberg.) I wanted my pseudonym to be Irish, and I wanted to honor my Irish family. What I came up with is Rosalyn Kelly
. I love it, and I'm getting excited to see it on the cover of a book.
♥ My kiddo brought his Spanish grade up from an F to a B in less than two weeks. I'm pleased with him... but why the flunk was he fucking in the first place if he was capable of that
? I don't know whether to say "I'm proud of you" or "Oh, you little shit."
- I went with "I'm proud of you but please work to your full capacity. It'll save us all aggravation and you from getting in trouble."
- We told him that, besides our old PS3 (which Innoq mailed to him since we'll be getting the PS4 soon) he won't be getting any Christmas gifts from us because we have no money. And he won't. It's not, technically, a Christmas gift if he doesn't get it until sometime in January. *dimples*
♥ I am very pleased with my lennán
tonight. As soon as I have the spoons for it I think I'll write some personalized porn for him.
- Of course, I'll only post it with his consent.
- If he consents, his sub gets to read it first because she was a very good naughty girl today.
♥ Well, the Pagan tag just went a'splody. O.O'
- For the record, I blocked and ignored soloontherocks a long-arsed time ago.
- I even put her name in the sugar jar.